All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces Cooperative Learning as a research-informed, practical way of engaging children and young people in lifelong physical activity. Written by authors with over 40 years' experience as teachers and researchers, it addresses the practicalities of using Cooperative Learning in the teaching of physical education and physical activity at any age range. Cooperative Learning in Physical Education and Physical Activity will help teachers and students of physical education to master research-informed strategies for teaching. By using school-based and real-world examples, it allows teachers to quickly understand the educational benefits of Cooperative Learning. Divided into four parts, this book provides insight into: * Key aspects of Cooperative Learning as a pedagogical practice in physical education and physical activity * Strategies for implementing Cooperative Learning at Elementary School level * Approaches to using Cooperative Learning at Middle and High School level * The challenges and advantages of practising Cooperative Learning Including lesson plans, activities and tasks, this is the first comprehensive guide to Cooperative Learning as a pedagogical practice for physical educators. It is essential reading for all students, teachers and trainee teachers of physical education and will also benefit coaches, outdoor educators and people who work with youth in the community.
- Author BiographyBen Dyson is an Associate Professor in Health and Physical Education at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. He has carried out research and taught for over twenty years in Canada, the USA and New Zealand. Ben has taught at McGill University, Canada; the University of New Hampshire, USA; the University of Memphis, USA; and the University of Auckland, New Zealand. His research interests include research on innovative curriculum and pedagogy, and Cooperative Learning as a pedagogical practice Ashley Casey is a Lecturer in Pedagogy at Loughborough University, UK. His research explores pedagogical models, teacher development through social media and pedagogies of technology. He can be found on Twitter as @DrAshCasey, where he writes about teaching and research in physical education
- Author(s)Ashley Casey,Ben Dyson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 37 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.