All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA self-contained guide to coordinated multi-point (CoMP), this comprehensive book covers everything from theoretical basics to practical implementation. Addressing a wide range of topics, it highlights the potential gains of CoMP, the fundamental degrees of freedom involved and the key challenges of using CoMP in practice. The editors and contributors bring unique real-world experience from running the world's first and largest test beds for LTE-Advanced, and recent field trial results from these tests are presented. With detailed insight into the realistic potential of CoMP as a key techlogy for LTE-Advanced and beyond, this is a must-read resource for professionals and students who want the big picture on CoMP or require in-depth kwledge of how to build cellular communication systems for the future.
- Author BiographyPatrick Marsch was the technical project coordinator of the research project EASY-C, where the world's largest research test beds for LTE-Advanced were established and the first live demonstrations of CoMP were performed. He received his Dr-Ing degree from Technische Universitat Dresden, where he later headed the system level group at the Vodafone Chair, focusing on optimizing spectral efficiency and energy efficiency in heterogeneous cellular deployments. He currently heads a radio research team within Nokia Siemens Networks in Wroclaw, Poland. Gerhard P. Fettweis is the Vodafone Chair Professor at Technische Universitat Dresden, with 20 companies from around the world currently sponsoring his research on wireless transmission and chip design. An IEEE Fellow, he runs the world's largest cellular research test beds, coordinated the EASY-C project and has received numerous awards. He began his career at IBM Research and has since developed nine start-up companies.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note158 b/w illus. 19 tables
- Weight1130 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGerhard P. Fettweis,Patrick Marsch
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.