All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA revolutionary program that can indefinitely postpone the need for dialysis If you've been diagsed with kidney failure, this book could save your life. If you suffer from diabetes, hypertension, obesity, or any of a host of conditions that put you at risk for kidney disease, you owe it to yourself to read what is in this book. If you are among the 60,000 North Americans who go on dialysis each year, the information in this book could substantially improve your quality of life. In Coping with Kidney Disease, a leading expert tells you, in plain English, what you need to kw to: Understand kidney failure Recognize early warning signs of kidney failure Get a proper diagsis Talk with your doctors about it Confidently evaluate treatment options Take charge of your treatment Delay dialysis or even avoid the need for it altogether The centerpiece of Coping with Kidney Disease is Dr. Walser's revolutionary 12-step program for avoiding dialysis. Based on treatments he has pioneered with his own patients at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, the program calls for a supplemented low-protein diet supported by treatments to control blood pressure and correct high cholesterol. So effective has this breakthrough strategy proven to be that in many patients it actually worked to slow or arrest the progression of kidney failure to the end stage. Kwledge is power. Coping with Kidney Disease empowers you with what you need to take charge of kidney disease.
- Author BiographyMackenzie Walser, M.D., is Professor of Pharmacology and Professor of Medicine at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Betsy Thorpe is the coauthor of Carol Guber's Type 2 Diabetes Life Plan.
- Author(s)Betsy Thorpe,Mackenzie Walser
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2004
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight296 g
- Width155 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.