All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionPCOS is a caused by a hormonal imbalance and can result in distressing symptoms such as acne, irregular or absent periods and increased hair growth on the face and body. For some, PCOS will even lead to infertility, hair loss and weight gain.Not all women will experience all of the symptoms and what the sufferer experiences may change over time, which can make the syndrome particularly difficult to deal with. Coping with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome has been written to help sufferers to cope with the changing nature of the disorder and its effects. This new edition includes:latest medical definition of PCOS; associated health risks such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and endometrial cancer; causes and associated conditions such as insulin problems; the importance of losing weight; help from your doctor; getting pregnant; diet and exercise; managing stubborn symptoms such as excess hair, acne, and being overweight; complementary remedies; and emotional support.
- Author BiographyChristine Craggs-Hinton is author of several Sheldon books. Dr. Adam Balen is Consultant in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at Leeds General Infirmary with a special interest in PCOS.
- Author(s)Adam H. Balen,Christine Craggs-Hinton
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheldon Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.