All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionA resurgence of worldwide terrorism threats has become a major problem for Israel, the United States, and numerous other countries. While citizens, politicians, and commentators demand a solution, the Israeli experience suggests that there are limits to the effectiveness of heroic action in solving this problem. A level-headed examination of a deeply unsettling topic, Coping With Terror argues that strategic responses to terrorism must focus on managing terrorism and its effects on the population rather than on solving it outright. It describes personal and collective stresses associated with terror and examines the idea of coping as the key to understand how policymakers, military personnel and ordinary citizens deal with these stresses. A n-polemical approach to a sensitive and serious topic, Coping With Terror provides new perspectives on this global problem.
- Author BiographyIra Sharkansky is Professor of Political Science and Public Administration at Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Ira Sharkansky
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication19/08/2003
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Out-of-print date21/02/2013
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight413 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.