All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionI n the wake of an earlier book (Solomon, 1993), this new work, Coping with War-Induced Stress: The Gulf War and the Israeli Response, promises to make Zahava Solomon a modern maven with respect to the psychologi- cal effects of war. Dr. Solomon is a high-ranking officer, serving as a psychiatric epidemiologist in the Mental Health Department of the Is- raeli Defense Forces Medical Corps. She also teaches at Tel Aviv Univer- sity. The earlier book dealt with the reactions of the Israeli Defense Forces to the 1982 war in Leban, which divided the population of Israel concerning its wisdom and justification. The new book deals with the emotional consequences of the United Nations effort against Iraq after its invasion of Kuwait. Because Israel agreed t to participate actively so as t to endanger the fragile Arab coalition against Iraq, it was in a sense a nwar-as Solomon refers to it-yet with many fea- tures of a war. Although they had quite limited casualties, largely in the Tel Aviv area, the Israelis faced the actuality of damaging Scud missile attacks and the threat that these missiles could t only be targeted to much of Israel but also carry poison gas to other Israeli cities. Solomon has written a fascinating book about this crisis in Israeli life.
- Author(s)Zahava Solomon
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/05/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleSpringer Series on Stress and Coping
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight419 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.