All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionB-Day, as it came to be kwn, finally arrived. It was a Friday. A school day. I identified with Cinderella as I watched Dad get ready for work. Holster, check. Gun, check. Billy club, check. Handcuffs, check...Saturday morning I got up early. Dad was already gone. Back to work. Ushering the Beatles out of town. On the table there were two small bars of soap, slightly used, the words Coach House Inn still legible. One book of matches with four missing. And a te from Dad, From their room. No one else's dad comes home from work with something that might, just might, have been intimate with a Beatle. - excerpt from Cop's Kid Growing up, Mel Miskimen thought that a gun and handcuffs on the kitchen table were as rmal as a gallon of milk and a loaf of Mrs. Karl's bread. Her father, a Milwaukee cop for almost forty years, was part Super Hero (he simply held up his hand and three lanes of traffic came to a screeching halt) and part Supreme Being (he could be anywhere at anytime - she never knew when or where he would pop up). Miskimen's memoir, told in humorous vignettes, tells what it was like for a girl growing up with a dad who packed a lunch and packed heat.
- Author BiographyMel C. Miskimen is a lifelong Milwaukee resident and an actor, writer, and humorist who regularly appears on the Higher Ground program on Wisconsin Public Radio.
- Author(s)Mel C. Miskimen
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2003
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.