Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionA great deal has been written on the theoretical aspects of copyright and the cultural industries but much less on the applied side - how copyright law works in practice. How do lawyers, firms and artists manage and administer copyright and what ecomic and legal problems does this raise? In recent times in particular, techlogical inventions appear to have outpaced the development of copyright law. This illuminating book addresses these issues and looks at the serious implications for copyright policy in the future. Several of the authors question the efficacy of copyright, which is increasingly regarded as benefiting multinational organisations rather than individual authors and performers. Others are less critical of copyright per se, but question its ability to meet the new challenges of a digital era. Some of the specific issues covered include: * law and international transactions of copyrighted material * ecomic analysis of copyright and freedom of expression * music licensing in the digital age * the role of copyright in stimulating cultural development * internet distribution of copyright material * the problems of licensing museum images. International in scope and offering views from both academics and practitioners, this book will interest and inform ecomists, lawyers and policymakers alike. Commercial managers and business analysts involved with copyright would also benefit from reading this comprehensive yet accessible book.
- Author BiographyEdited by Ruth Towse, Professor of Economics of Creative Industries, CIPPM, Bournemouth University, UK and CREATe Fellow in Cultural Economics (University of Glasgow)
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2002
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight593 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byRuth Towse
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.