Core Java: Volume II : Advanced Features by Cay S. Horstmann, Gary Cornell (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $97.90+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionFully updated to reflect Java SE 7 language changes, Core Java(R), Volume II-Advanced Features, Ninth Edition, is the definitive guide to Java's most powerful features for enterprise and desktop application development. Designed for serious programmers, this reliable, unbiased, -nsense tutorial illuminates advanced Java language and library features with thoroughly tested code examples. As in previous editions, all code is easy to understand and displays modern best-practice solutions to the realworld challenges faced by professional developers. Volume II quickly brings you up-to-speed on key Java SE 7 enhancements, ranging from the new file I/O API to improved concurrency utilities. All code examples are updated to reflect these enhancements. Complete descriptions of new language and platform features are highlighted and integrated with insightful explanations of advanced Java programming techniques. You'll learn all you need to build robust production software with * Streams, files, and regular expressions * XML * Networking * Database programming facilities * JNDI/LDAP directory integration * Internationalization * Advanced Swing techniques * JavaBeans components * Web services * Advanced platform security features * Antations * Distributed objects * Native methods, and more For detailed coverage of fundamental Java SE 7 features, including objects, classes, inheritance, interfaces, reflection, events, exceptions, graphics, Swing, generics, collections, concurrency, and debugging, look for Core Java(TM), Volume I-Fundamentals, Ninth Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0-13-708189-9).
- Author BiographyCay S. Horstmann is author of Scala for the Impatient (Addison-Wesley, 2012) and coauthor of Core JavaServer(TM) Faces, Third Edition (Prentice Hall, 2010). He is professor of computer science at San Jose State University and a Java Champion. Gary Cornell has been writing for and teaching programming professionals for more than twenty years. The cofounder of Apress, he has written numerous best-selling books for developers, was a cofinalist for a Jolt Award, and won the Readers Choice award from Visual Basic Magazine.
- Author(s)Cay S. Horstmann,Gary Cornell
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/02/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1751 g
- Width178 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine57 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.