All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- Description...an engaging book that will empower readers in both large and small software development and engineering organizations to build security into their products...Readers are armed with firm solutions for the fight against cyber threats. -Dr. Dena Haritos Tsamitis. Carnegie Mellon University ...a must read for security specialists, software developers and software engineers...should be part of every security professional's library. -Dr. Larry Ponemon, Ponemon Institute ...the definitive how-to guide for software security professionals. Dr. Ransome, Anmol Misra, and Brook Schoenfield deftly outline the procedures and policies needed to integrate real security into the software development process...A must-have for anyone on the front lines of the Cyber War ... -Cedric Leighton, Colonel, USAF (Ret.), Cedric Leighton Associates Dr. Ransome, Anmol Misra, and Brook Schoenfield give you a magic formula in this book - the methodology and process to build security into the entire software development life cycle so that the software is secured at the source! -Eric S. Yuan, Zoom Video Communications There is much publicity regarding network security, but the real cyber Achilles' heel is insecure software. Millions of software vulnerabilities create a cyber house of cards, in which we conduct our digital lives. In response, security people build ever more elaborate cyber fortresses to protect this vulnerable software. Despite their efforts, cyber fortifications consistently fail to protect our digital treasures. Why? The security industry has failed to engage fully with the creative, invative people who write software. Core Software Security expounds developer-centric software security, a holistic process to engage creativity for security. As long as software is developed by humans, it requires the human element to fix it. Developer-centric security is t only feasible but also cost effective and operationally relevant. The methodology builds security into software development, which lies at the heart of our cyber infrastructure. Whatever development method is employed, software must be secured at the source. Book Highlights: * Supplies a practitioner's view of the SDL * Considers Agile as a security enabler * Covers the privacy elements in an SDL * Outlines a holistic business-savvy SDL framework that includes people, process, and techlogy * Highlights the key success factors, deliverables, and metrics for each phase of the SDL * Examines cost efficiencies, optimized performance, and organizational structure of a developer-centric software security program and PSIRT * Includes a chapter by ted security architect Brook Schoenfield who shares his insights and experiences in applying the book's SDL framework View the authors' website at http://www.androidinsecurity.com/
- Author BiographyDr. James Ransome is the Senior Director of Product Security and responsible for all aspects of McAfee's Product Security Program, a corporate-wide initiative that supports McAfee's business units in delivering best-in-class, secure software products to customers. In this role, James sets program strategy, manages security engagements with McAfee business units, maintains key relationships with McAfee product engineers, and works with other leaders to help define and build product security capabilities. His career has been marked by leadership positions in private and public industries, including three chief information security officer (CISO) and four chief security officer (CSO) roles. Prior to entering the corporate world, James had 23 years of government service in various roles supporting the U.S. intelligence community, federal law enforcement, and the Department of Defense. James holds a Ph.D. in Information Systems. He developed/tested a security model, architecture, and provided leading practices for converged wired/wireless network security for his doctoral dissertation as part of a NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education program. He is the author of several books on information security, and Core Software Security: Security at the Source is his 10th. James is a member of Upsilon Pi Epsilon, the International Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines, and he is a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and a Ponemon Institute Distinguished Fellow. Anmol Misra is an author and a security professional with a wide range of experience in the field of information security. His expertise includes mobile and application security, vulnerability management, application and infrastructure security assessments, and security code reviews. He is a Program Manager in Cisco's Information Security group. In this role, he is responsible for developing and implementing security strategy and programs to drive security best practices into all aspects of Cisco's hosted products. Prior to joining Cisco, Anmol was a Senior Consultant with Ernst & Young LLP. In this role, he advised Fortune 500 clients on defining and improving information security programs and practices. He helped corporations to reduce IT security risk and achieve regulatory compliance by improving their security posture. Anmol is co-author of Android Security: Attacks and Defenses, and is a contributing author of Defending the Cloud: Waging War in Cyberspace. He holds a master's degree in Information Networking from Carnegie Mellon University and a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Engineering. He is based out of San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)Anmol Misra,James F. Ransome
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables
- Weight724 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.