All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis new addition to the highly successful Core Topics in Anaesthesia series provides a clinically relevant text for both trainees and consultants, covering the entire sub-specialty of obstetric anaesthesia. In-depth coverage of pregnancy-related physiology and pharmacology makes this book an excellent revision tool for basic science examinations. It is also a troubleshooting guide for anaesthetists when managing parturients suffering with concurrent medical conditions including obesity, sepsis, hypertensive, renal, respiratory, neurological, haematological and endocrine diseases. Chapters provide recommended management plans for specific conditions such as HIV and neuropraxia following regional anaesthesia, and include algorithms to guide clinical decision-making. Guidance on the required infrastructure for setting up services such as antenatal clinics is also included. Experts in their fields have contributed sections including allergy testing and immulogy, the immucompromised parturient, and maternal collapse. This practical resource will serve as a survival guide for all those caring for parturients on the delivery suite.
- Author BiographyKirsty MacLennan is a Consultant Obstetric Anaesthetist, St Mary's Hospital, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Trust, Manchester, UK. Katherine O'Brien is a Consultant Obstetric Anaesthetist, St Mary's Hospital, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Trust, Manchester, UK. William MacNab is a Consultant Obstetric Anaesthetist, St Mary's Hospital, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note32 b/w illus. 9 colour illus. 74 tables
- Weight730 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDr. Katherine O'Brien,Dr. William MacNab,Kirsty Maclennan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.