All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionAlison Hodge is one of the most original actor-trainers working today. Founder of the international The Quick and the Dead ensemble, she has developed a uniquely embodied and relational approach to acting and live performance. Core Training encourages a profound awareness of actors' inter-relationships with each other and their audience through the lived body - leading to a powerful, almost lumius, expressivity in performance. This beautifully produced DVD visually documents the key exercises, performed by the ensemble. It considers: ground and weight breathing and breath working with things working with others. It then charts a sequence of creative exercises building towards a performance - The Rego Project, inspired by the artist of the same name. An accompanying booklet contains further insights into Hodge's development of Core training in relation to her wider theoretical concerns. <STRIKE></STRIKE>Filmed by directors Peter Hulton and BAFTA award-winner Molly Dineen, Core Training for the Relational Actor is a landmark contribution to modern actor training for students, scholars and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyAlison Hodge is the Artistic Director of The Quick and the Dead. She leads workshops on Core Training at drama schools and universities in the UK and internationally. www.hodge-actortraining.co.uk Her publications for Routledge include: Twentieth Century Actor Training (2000), Actor Training (second edition, 2010). She is an Honorary Research Fellow at Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Author(s)Alison Hodge
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note24 colour illustrations
- Weight158 g
- Width119 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.