All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe previous edition of this book has been widely adopted internationally by the petroleum and mining industries and by geotechnical engineers as an authoritative guide for use at the wellsite, in the laboratory or office. This new edition has been brought up-to-date and incorporates modern developments in coring techniques and core handling. All aspects of cores are covered including cutting and recovery; wellsite handling and logging; recognition of coring damage; laboratory analysis; logging and sampling; and, preservation and storage.In this work, logging and interpretation are dealt with in detail, encompassing structural and engineering investigations in addition to sedimentology. Emphasis is laid throughout on those features most important to the ecomical development of geological resources. Because the methodology is dealt with extensively, the reader with a background in sedimentology, geotechnical engineering, petrophysics or a related subject is able to put the principles and techniques of core studies into practice. As such, this book will prove invaluable for those working with cores and anyone who uses information derived from them.
- Author(s)Graham A. Blackbourn
- PublisherWhittles Publishing
- Date of Publication23/02/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCaithness
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhittles Publishing
- Content Noteillustrated with a colour section
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.20
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.