All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the fascinating story of the woman who dedicated her life to supporting her husband in his valiant struggle for racial equality. With compelling insight, the author traces the development of a sensitive young girl intent on a musical career into the strong and selfless individual who plays a major role in the history of the civil rights movement. Ruth Turk takes the reader behind the scenes, revealing the trials and tribulations of her subject in an unbiased, fast moving style which is factual and convincing. The book never becomes overwhelming, but is liberally sprinkled with important names, events, and places that cover the decades from the 1920s to the present. The result is a memorable portrait of a woman and a vital part of history which is still part of the American scene. The reader will finish this book with an acute awareness of one who must be remembered, just t in the shadow of her husband, but as a meaningful person in her own right. No history of the civil rights movement can be complete without this fitting tribute to the woman who kept the Dream alive at considerable expense to her own secret dreams. This is a biography you will want to read more than once.
- Author(s)Ruth Turk
- PublisherBranden Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/1997
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBranden Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width225 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.