All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection of original, stimulating interpretations of key texts by Cormac McCarthy, designed for students and edited and written by leading scholars in the field. Cormac McCarthy's significance in the field of contemporary American fiction is ermous. Harold Bloom has called him one of the greatest living American writers, and named him one of the three most important authors of the 20th century. His impact has been even greater in the 21st century. He won the American Book Award for All the Pretty Horses (1991) , the Pulitzer Prize for The Road (2006) , and his influence on contemporary American literature has been compared to that of Herman Melville, William Faulkner, and Ernest Hemingway, while The Guardian likened the language of The Road to that of Beckett and Yeats. This collection of new critical perspectives on three of McCarthy's most widely studied vels - All the Pretty Horses , No Country for Old Men , and The Road - provides a wide-ranging introduction to the different interpretations of his work. Introductions to each set of essays encourage readers to see connections and contrasts between different approaches and comprehensive further reading will help students to take their study further. This series offers up-to-date guides to the recent work of major contemporary North American authors. Written by leading scholars in the field, each book presents a range of original interpretations of three key texts published since 1990, showing how the same vel may be interpreted in a number of different ways. These informative, accessible volumes will appeal to advance undergraduate and postgraduate students, facilitating discussion and supporting close analysis of the most important contemporary American and Canadian fiction.
- Author BiographySara Spurgeon is Assistant Professor of Literatures of the American Southwest, Texas Tech University, USA.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContinuum Studies in Contemporary North American Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySara Spurgeon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.