All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCornelius Castoriadis (1922-1997) was a Greek-French thinker best kwn for his work on 'automy' and 'human creation'. He was a political activist, psychoanalyst, philosopher, political and social thinker and ecomist. Recognised as a significant and original thinker of the twentieth century, his work is receiving increased scholarly attention. Notwithstanding the richness of his work, Castoriadis's termilogy can prove challenging to understand. Cornelius Castoriadis: Key Concepts is the first book of its kind, providing readers with a road map to the fundamentals of his thought. International specialists in Castoriadis's works introduce and clarify the complexity of his thought through the elucidation of nineteen key concepts that are fundamental to understanding - and grappling with - his ideas. Comprehensive and accessible, the entries have been carefully selected to cover the most central aspects - psychoanalysis, sociology, philosophy, politics - and periods of his thought.
- Author BiographySuzi Adams is Senior Lecturer in Social Theory and Sociology at Flinders University, Australia.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight320 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySuzi Adams
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.