All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionFull Color Edition! OK, Bachelor Number Two - Same Question is Mike Baldwin's latest Cornered collection. It includes all the cartoons that ran in 2015 - picking up from where his last book, Walking the Looserope left off. The entire year in full color! A black and white edition is also available. How do you react when you're cornered? Talk your way out, prepare for battle or insist you're just fine and dandy? Mike Baldwin's Cornered characters reflect the full spectrum of these reactions - all the while doing their very best to be taken seriously. From dark to light to blindingly brilliant, the results delight, amuse or even confuse - but it's well worth the risk.
- Author BiographyBorn in Ontario, it took almost 16 years for Mike to land his first job. It was at a meat packing plant, and it lasted four hours. The experience made him realize what he really wanted to do -- work somewhere else. Mike's career as an artist was launched a few years later in The Burlington Gazette. He began a weekly cartoon called Peepal, and a panel called Aunt Alas soon followed. Eventually, he became the newspaper's editorial cartoonist. Over the next several years, Mike worked at various newspapers as a cartoonist, advertising artist and art director, while creating Cornered, which was launched in syndication in 1996. Before devoting his full attention to Cornered in 1998, Mike was editorial art director at The Hamilton Spectator. People go out of their way to appear less stupid, says Mike. We notice when we catch others doing it, but there's a blind spot on our rearview mirror. What I try to do in Cornered is focus on that spot. Sketch out the blurry bits when we're doing our best to be taken seriously and no one is buying it. Humor has a way of taking those awkward moments and replacing the sting with a smile of recognition. The humor in Cornered is quick and true and helps vaccinate us against all sorts of nonsense and seriousness that lies in wait around each corner.
- Author(s)Mike Baldwin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.