All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll-in-one hiking route guide, maps andaccommodations for the 288-mile footpath that runs around the entire coastlineof Cornwall: from Bude to Plymouth. Part 2 of the South West Coast Path, a 630-milenational trail from Minehead to Poole. Includes 142 large-scale maps (3 1/8inches to 1 mile); 24 town plans and 16 overview maps. Full details of allaccommodations and campsites, restaurants and pubs; plus full public transportinformation. Includes day-walks. This second part of the South West Coast Path around the south-western tip of Britain includes some of the best coastal walking in Europe. With constantly changing scenery, the footpath takes in secluded coves, tiny fishing villages, rocky headlands, bustling resorts, wooded estuaries and golden surf-washed beaches. It is an area rich in wildlife with seabirds, wild flowers, dolphins and seals. * 24 town plans, 16 overview maps and 142 large-scale walking maps - at just under 1:20,000 - showing route times, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest and much more. These are t general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers. * Itineraries for all walkers - whether walking the route in its entirety over a week to 10 days or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks * Practical information for all budgets - camping, bunkhouses, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels; where to stay, where to eat, what to see, plus detailed street plans * Comprehensive public transport information - for all access points on the coast path * Flora and fauna - four page full color flower guide, plus an illustrated section on local wildlife * Green hiking - understanding the local environment and minimizing our impact on it * Includes downloadable gps waypoints Plus extra colour sections: 16pp colour introduction and 16pp of colour mapping for stage sections (one stage per page) with trail profiles.
- Author BiographyHenry Stedman is a hiker of considerable experience, having hiked in many parts of Europe, Asia and Africa. He has been writing guidebooks for more than 15 years. He is the author and co-author of six other guides from Trailblazer: Kilimanjaro, Dolomites Trekking, Hadrian's Wall Path, Coast to Coast Path, Exmoor & North Devon Coast Path and Dorset & South Devon Coast Path. Joel Newton is a keen outdoorsman, having completed most of Britain s long-distance paths. He is the co-author of three other British Walking Guides from Trailblazer: Exmoor & North Devon Coast Path, Thames Path and Dorset & South Devon Coast Path. Daniel McCrohan is the co-author of numerous guides for Lonely Planet, including India and China. Although he is from the UK he is currently based in Beijing and has trekked many sections of the Great Wall.
- Author(s)Daniel McCrohan,Henry Stedman,Joel Newton
- PublisherTrailblazer Publications
- Date of Publication20/04/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleBritish Walking Guides
- Place of PublicationHindhead, Surrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrailblazer Publications
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white halftones, 60 colour illustrations, 182 maps, 5 charts, 2 tables, 2 graphs
- Weight385 g
- Width125 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.