All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.45Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume aims to describe a variety of techniques that reflects the wide range of research currently performed in the field of coronavirology, and begins with an overview of current understandings of coronavirus replication and pathogenesis to introduce specialists and n-specialists to the field. The rest of the book is divided into several sections of chapters beginning with those that describe identification, diagsis, and study of the evolution of coronaviruses. The next few chapters discuss the preparation of cells and organ cultures useful in propagating coronaviruses and titration techniques, as well as techniques for analyzing virus functions that require purification of the viruses. The next chapters describe two commonly used reverse genetics techniques for coronaviruses, and techniques detailing identification of cellular receptors, binding profiles of viral attachment proteins, and virus-cell fusion. The final chapters cover a broad spectrum of techniques to identify virus-host protein-protein interactions, confirm the functional role of these proteins in virus replication, study host cell responses through geme-wide or pathway-specific approaches, and visualize virus replication complexes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results in the laboratory. Authoritative and practical, Coronaviruses: Methods and Protocols appeals to a wide variety of scientists because it highlights techniques that are currently used in the corovirology field, while also discussing practices applicable to other virology fields.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/02/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number1282
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 26 colour illustrations, 13 black & white tables, biography
- Weight797 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byErica Bickerton,Helena Jane Maier,Paul Britton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.