All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book highlights the potential and the challenges of corpora in language education with a particular focus on the teacher's perspective. For this purpose, the study explores the relevance of the corpus approach to central paradigms underlying contemporary language education. Furthermore, a critical analysis investigates the persisting gap between research findings and their implementation in teaching practices. As a result, key factors in advancing the popularisation of corpora in language education are identified. A survey and a case study verify this gap and, importantly, underline the pivotal role of adequate teacher education if corpus-based language teaching is to make any significant impact on current teaching practices.
- Author BiographyYvonne Alexandra Breyer holds a PhD in Applied Linguistics from Macquarie University, Sydney (Australia) where she currently works in online education and the implementation of Learning Management Systems. Her research interests include corpora in language education, online education and electronic assessment.
- Author(s)Yvonne Alexandra Breyer
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication26/08/2011
- Series TitleEnglish Corpus Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, fig., tables and graphs
- Weight470 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.