Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
About this product
- DescriptionWhy U.S. corporate governance regulation has lost its way, and what must be done to improve it Modern history persuasively demonstrates the inexorable link that binds comprehensive regulation to the global ecomy. This important book, rather than simply recount a litany of corporate governance failures, persuasively explains why, despite policymakers' best intentions, regulation has failed in the modern era. An objective study intended for a diverse readership, Corporate Governance Regulation unveils the underlying, root causes of regulatory failure. The result: A compelling and original analysis, broadly suited for a global audience of all backgrounds. * Written by published, subject-area experts, the authors carefully delineate how U.S. corporate governance regulation, beginning with Sarbanes Oxley, lacks an adequate rational basis, as may be attributed to a n-existent policy dialogue * The witnessed result: A conspicuous lack of regulatory efficacy, ermous costs, coupled with paltry benefits * The focus is upon reigniting a stalled, n-productive policy dialogue, by eschewing stale, overly-polemicized arguments, as needed to develop a common ground Drawing from an eclectic, analytic framework, governance experts Nicholas Vakkur and Zulma Herrera offer both the professional and global citizen alike a multi-dimensional understanding of issues critical to global ecomic health. Nuanced and persuasively argued, Corporate Governance Regulation represents a formidable catalyst in the elusive, ongoing quest for global ecomic stability.
- Author BiographyNICHOLAS V. VAKKUR is the founder of Vakkur.org, a non-partisan think tank that helps corporations manage risk while positively influencing corporate governance policy. Widely published in leading U.S. and international scholarly journals, Mr. Vakkur has been cited before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Senate, the U.S. Department of Justice, and various foreign entities; has been covered frequently in the news media; and has been invited to speak to Wall Street CEOs. He is an assistant professor of accounting at Trident University and has served as the CFO of a global nonprofit organization. Mr. Vakkur graduated summa cum laude from the University of Notre Dame and has a master's degree in public policy. ZULMA J. HERRERA, while with Goldman Sachs, participated at a senior level in various mergers of global corporations. Ms. Herrera has worked in-house with the executive teams of two global corporations and has served in a variety of senior roles within the technology industry. A noted corporate governance scholar, Ms. Herrera serves as the CEO of Vakkur.org, which enables corporate clients to manage risk effectively. Ms. Herrera graduated with honors from the University of Notre Dame and is acquiring an MBA.
- Author(s)Nicholas V. Vakkur,Zulma J. Herrera
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication04/02/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley Finance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width158 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.