All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis thought-provoking history of corporate responsibility in the USA is a landmark publication documenting the story of corporate power and business behavior from the mid-eighteenth century to the modern day. It shows how the idea of corporate responsibility has evolved over time, with the roles, responsibilities and performance of corporations coming increasingly under the spotlight as new rms of transparency and accountability emerge. Today, it is expected that a corporation will be transparent in its operations; that it will reflect ethical values that are broadly shared by others in society; and that companies will enable society to achieve environmental sustainability as well as a high standard of living. As we enter the second decade of the twenty-first century, the social, political and ecomic landscape is once again shifting: the need for an informed public conversation about what is expected of the modern corporation has never been greater.
- Author BiographyKenneth E. Goodpaster holds the David and Barbara Koch Endowed Chair in Business Ethics in the Opus College of Business at the University of St Thomas, Minnesota. Archie B. Carroll is Robert W. Scherer Professor of Management Emeritus and Director, Nonprofit Management and Community Service Program at the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia. Kenneth J. Lipartito is Professor of History and Department Chair at Florida International University. James E. Post is the John F. Smith, Jr Professor of Management at Boston University where he teaches strategic management, corporate governance, ethics and nonprofit management. Patricia H. Werhane holds the Wicklander Chair of Business Ethics and is Director, Institute for Business and Professional Ethics at DePaul University. She is also Professor Emeritus at the Darden School, University of Virginia.
- PrizesWinner of Social Issues in Management Division of the Academy of Management Best Book Award 2014.
- Author(s)Archie B. Carroll,James E. Post,Kenneth J. Lepartito,Patricia H. Werhane
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note39 b/w illus. 80 colour illus.
- Weight1270 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.