All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite a clear and compelling need for an intelligence-led approach to security, operational, and reputational risks, the subject of corporate security intelligence remains poorly understood. An effective intelligence process can directly support and positively impact operational activity and associated decision-making and can even be used to drive the firm's business in key markets. Corporate Security Intelligence and Strategic Decision-Making outlines the basic theory and supplies practical solutions for implementing an effective intelligence process in any commercial organization. The main areas covered include how intelligence in the corporate security environment relates to strategic decision-making; the factors that drive the requirement for corporate security intelligence, as well as the main legislative and ethical imperatives; and how intelligence-led processes can t only prevent loss but also support business growth and revenue generation. Detailed topics include: * Fundamental and theoretical ideas underlying intelligence work in the public and private sector * The collection, validation, collation, and analysis of intelligence * The effective and safe dissemination of intelligence material and the different reporting formats available * The use of operational models to help guide structures, processes, and the deployment of resources * How to implement an effective intelligence function in a corporate environment The topics include real-life examples of where intelligence has been used to support corporate operations and demonstrate how the theory applies to these practical examples, based on years of experience. While corporate security is the natural home of intelligence, the tools and techniques outlined are of course equally applicable for any decision-support process-making this book valuable reading for any leader.
- Author BiographyJustin Crump is an intelligence, security and defense expert with seventeen years' service in the British Armed Forces and government, including operational experience in the Balkans, Iraq and Afghanistan. His corporate career saw him work as first as an investment banker and then as a director of a private intelligence firm. This combined experience eventually led to him founding his own successful analytical company, Sibylline Ltd, in 2010. He is a recognized commentator on world affairs, particularly regarding Islamist terrorism and the underlying theology, and is regularly consulted by international broadcast media. In demand as a speaker at conferences and events worldwide, he is also an expert on the design and delivery of training on emerging security and intelligence topics.
- Author(s)Justin Crump
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.