All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCan good-will be good business? Firms are increasingly called upon to address matters such as poverty and human rights violations. The demand for corporate social responsibility (CSR) is directed mainly at top management in multinational corporations who are reminded that, in addition to helping to make the world a better place, their commitment to social action will be rewarded by lasting customer loyalty and profits. But is it true that firms that engage in social action will be rewarded with a good name, competitive advantage, superior profits and corporate sustainability? What if it is true for some firms and t for others? This book addresses these and other questions by explaining the how and why of creating value and competitive advantage through corporate social action. It shows how and when firms can develop successful corporate social strategies that establish strong commitments to shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
- Author BiographyBryan W. Husted holds the Erivan K. Haub Chair in Business and Sustainability at the Schulich School of Business, York University, Canada, and is Professor of Management at the EGADE Business School of the Tecnologico de Monterrey in Mexico. For many years, he held the Alumni Association Chair in Business Ethics and Corporate Sustainability at the Instituto de Empresa in Spain. He is currently a national researcher (level II) of the National Research System (SNI) of Mexico. David Bruce Allen is Professor of Strategy and Co-Director of the Center for Nonmarket Strategy at IE Business School in Madrid, Spain, where he served as Vice Dean for Research and Chair of the Strategy Department. Professor Allen has held top management positions in the movie, publishing, and consulting industries. He is a former Fulbright Lecturer in Spain and Resident Filmmaker at the Sundance Institute and has published fiction and criticism. He has taught at the City University of New York, Boston University, and the University of New Orleans.
- Author(s)Bryan W. Husted,David Bruce Allen
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note9 b/w illus. 11 tables
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.