All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive mograph was produced to accompany the drawings retrospective <i>Damien Hirst: Corpus: Drawings 1981-2006</i>, held at Gagosian Gallery, New York in 2006. It features more than 200 drawings that offer a historical insight into rarely seen aspects of the artist's work and process. Included are early drawings from Hirst's student days; pencil sketches for seminal sculptures such as The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living, A Thousand Years, 'The Acquired Inability to Escape, Away from the Flock and The Hat Makes the Man ; preparatory diagrams for early spot paintings and medicine cabinets; a large-scale series of 14 drawings for <i>The Stations of the Cross</i> (2004); and proposals for unrealised and future projects. Accompanying the drawings is a conversation between the artist and political philosopher John Gray (author of <i>Straw Dogs</i>, <i>False Dawn and Al Qaeda</i> and <i>What It Means to Be Modern</i>), and an essay by British historian Simon Baker.
- Author BiographyBorn in Bristol in 1965, Damien Hirst studied at Goldsmith's College, London. In 1988 he curated the now renowned exhibition, 'Freeze', held in London. In 1991, he had his first solo exhibition in London entitled 'In and Out of Love' and the following year he was a major part of the groundbreaking Young British Artists exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery, London. He was awarded the prestigious Turner Prize, London in 1995. Hirst's work has been shown in many important group and solo shows throughout the world. He lives and works in Devon, London and Mexico.
- Author(s)Simon Barker
- PublisherGagosian Gallery
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGagosian Gallery
- Content Note228 colour
- Weight2000 g
- Width280 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.