All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe British Museum's holding of Greek Geometric pottery comprises 200 items, covering the period from the 10th to the 7th century BC. Most of these pieces have never been published before. The bulk of the collection - 123 pieces - is Attic, but eleven other regional styles are also represented. These include t only mainland Greek fabrics such as Argive, Boeotian, Corinthian and Laconian, but also the island fabrics of the Cyclades and Crete, as well as those of East Greece and Caria. The collection is particularly strong in Melian and Rhodian styles. A brief overview of each style precedes the detailed descriptions of the pieces, so that the book serves t only as a catalogue but also as an introduction to the major local fabrics of Early Iron Age Greece. Every piece is illustrated, many with multiple views and some with additional line drawings. This catalogue is British Museum Fascicule 11 in the Great Britain series of the international Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum.
- Author BiographyThe late J.N. Coldstream (1927-2008) was the world's leading scholar of Greek Geometric art. He was Yates Professor of Classical Art and Archaeology at University College London until his retirement in 1992. His two great books Greek Geometric Pottery (1968) and Geometric Greece (1977) were revised and updated in the last years of his life.
- Author(s)J. N. Coldstream
- PublisherBritish Museum Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBritish Museum Press
- Content Note336 b/w illus
- Weight1157 g
- Width257 mm
- Height328 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.