All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThe theory of random functions is a very important and advanced part of modem probability theory, which is very interesting from the mathematical point of view and has many practical applications. In applications, one has to deal particularly often with the special case of stationary random functions. Such functions naturally arise when one considers a series of observations x(t) which depend on the real-valued or integer-valued ar- gument t ( time ) and do t undergo any systematic changes, but only fluctuate in a disordered manner about some constant mean level. Such a time series x(t) must naturally be described statistically, and in that case the stationary random function is the most appropriate statistical model. Stationary time series constantly occur in nearly all the areas of modem techlogy (in particular, in electrical and radio engineering, electronics, and automatic control) as well as in all the physical and geophysical sciences, in many other ap- mechanics, ecomics, biology and medicine, and also plied fields. One of the important trends in the recent development of science and engineering is the ever-increasing role of the fluctuation phemena associated with the stationary disordered time series. Moreover, at present, more general classes of random functions related to a class of stationary random functions have also been appearing quite often in various applied studies and hence have acquired great practical importance.
- Author(s)A. M. Yaglom
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight813 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.