All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLate in 1808 Sir John Moore, virtually alone with his small British army deep inside Spain and facing the French Army led by Napoleon himself, fell back towards Corunna. The retreat became the most arduous of trials. with armies traversing mountaius terrain over appalling roads in the depths of winter. Somehow Moore held his outnumbered, exhausted men together. Finally, at Corunna his men turned to face their tormentors. The appearance of the enemy galvanised Moore's army and they beat back the French attack. Moore was mortally wounded, however, and was buried upon the ramparts of Corunna before the final evacuation.
- Author BiographyChrista Hook is one of Osprey's most popular illustrators, a reputation justly deserved given the perfect blend of attention to detail and narrative realisation that penetrates her work. Her work for Osprey to date includes several joint collaborations with her father Richard, as well as Warrior I Norman Knight, Warrior IO Saracen Faris, and Campaign 56 Eggmuhl 1809. Philip Haythomthwaite is an author and historical consultant specialising in the military history, uniforms and equipment of the 18th and 19th centuries, His main area of research covers the Napoleonic Wars. He has written some forty books, including more than 20 Osprey titles, and innumerable articles and papers on military history, but still finds time to indulge in his other great passion: cricket.
- Author(s)Philip J. Haythornthwaite
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/02/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.83
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note49 b&w and 45 colour illustrations, maps, glossary, bibliography
- Weight356 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Christa Hook
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.