All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionCosmetic Surgery: Art and Techniques is an atlas of general cosmetic surgery that provides precise step-by-step descriptions of the full range of techniques, supported by photographs and illustrations of the highest standard. The book is comprehensive in its scope, covering the diverse procedures performed on the head and neck, breast, abdomen, buttocks, and extremities as well as other techniques such as labioplasty, penile enhancement, and total body lift. Risks and complications are fully explained, with clear advice on how to avoid and to treat them. All of the contributors are internationally recognized experts with extensive kwledge of their subject. This book will be of value to beginners, and experienced practitioners in t only cosmetic surgery but also plastic surgery, general surgery, oral maxillofacial surgery, neurosurgery, dermatology, otolaryngology, and ophthalmology.
- Author BiographyMelvin A. Shiffman, M.D., J.D.: 38 years practice as a cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon, a juris doctorate, has written over 320 books and articles in surgery, cosmetic surgery, and law and medicine. In February he became President of the American College of Legal Medicine He is a diplomat of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, American Board of Forensic Examiners, and American Board of Forensic Medicine. He has been in practice in Tustin, California, doing cosmetic, reconstructive, and oncologic (cancer and allied diseases) surgery since 1964. A former Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of California, Irvine, Dr. Shiffman is Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery as well as former Editor-in-Chief of the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery. He is a past president of the American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery and lectures multiple times yearly at national and international meetings on medical jurisprudence and cosmetic surgery. Dr. Shiffman is a former District Medical Consultant for the Medical Board of California and has been a medical legal consultant since receiving his J.D. degrees in 1976 from Western University College of Law. Alberto Di Guiseppe, M.D: Board certified in surgical emergencies, and plastic and reconstructive surgery, and maxillofacial surgery, practice in hand surgery and burns management. Senior registrar of the Plastic Surgery Department of the University of Ancona. Member and Honorary Member of many societies. Became one of the outstanding leaders in body contouring surgery performed with ultrasonic device applying the technique to new areas as breast and face. Introduced superficial ultrasonic internal treatment of the aging face for achieving skin retraction (ultrasonic assisted face-lift or skin remodelling). The technique has been presented in meetings all over the world and the video of the technique has been accepted in the Video Library of the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation for teaching purpose.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 75 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight3016 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byAlberto Di Giuseppe,Melvin A. Shiffman
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.