All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes the reader on an exploration of the structure and evolution of our universe. The basis for our kwledge is the Big Bang theory of the expanding universe. This book then tells the story of our search for the first stars and galaxies using current and planned telescopes. These telescopes are marvels of techlogy far removed from Galileo's first telescope but continuing astromy in his ground breaking spirit. We show the reader how these first stars and galaxies shaped the universe we see today. This story is one of the great scientific adventures of all time.
- Author BiographyGeorge Rhee is Professor of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Nevada. He published 37 peer reviewed articles and is a co-author of a Nature article published in 2010. The author is an active researcher in astronomy but also an experienced teacher and has given many science talks in his career for general audiences.
- Author(s)George Rhee
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleAstronomers' Universe
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 79 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight450 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.