All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife. The Universe. Everything. The human race has always revealed an insatiable hunger to search to infinity and beyond . In this truly mind-blowing book, partners in science Stuart Lowe and Chris North use cutting edge infographics to illuminate - in a new and unique way - the most amazing places and objects that modern science has laid bare. Featuring invative, inspirational and original designs by leading authors in their field, COSMOS: THE INFOGRAPHIC BOOK OF SPACE delves into a truly international subject and will appeal to stargazers and space enthusiasts of all ages. Including the Big Bang itself, COSMOS: THE INFOGRAPHIC BOOK OF SPACE: Explores the secret lives of galaxies and stars Examines the thousand new planets w discovered beyond the Solar System, checking out their viability for alien life Chronicles the incredible instruments and machines that are discovering the hidden secrets of the Universe, from 'telescopes' atop the highest mountains to robotic explorers on distant worlds...Investigates the astounding techlogy used by human and robotic explorers as they push out beyond the Moon to Mars - and on towards the stars...
- Author BiographyDR STUART LOWE has previously worked at Jodrell Bank Observatory where he helped build astronomical instruments used on radio telescopes in the UK and Poland. At the University of Manchester, he worked on the European Space Agency's Planck satellite, which was launched in 2009 to look at the echoes of the Big Bang. He co-founded the UK's longest running, regular, astronomy podcast - The Jodcast. More recently he has built web-interfaces that allow everyone, from professional astronomers to school children, to observe with the Las Cumbres Observatory Global Telescope network. DR CHRIS NORTH is an astrophysicist at Cardiff University. Having worked on a number of experiments and space missions, he is currently part of the Herschel Space Observatory team, looking at far-infrared light from star forming in our galaxy and across the Universe. As well as research, Chris is heavily involved in outreach engagement at Cardiff, speaking to teachers, schools, and anyone else who'll listen about space and astronomy. He has made regular appearances on BBC Sky at Night for a number of years. Chris and Stuart first met whilst working on the Planck satellite. This led to the development of the popular chromoscope.net project, which allowed people to view the Universe in a whole new light. Their partnership has included websites that enable people to track the lifecycle of stars, design their very own space telescope, and even play with the properties of the cosmos. They can often be found looking for new ways to help people understand the Universe we live in.
- Author(s)Chris North,Stuart Lowe
- PublisherAurum Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2017
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurum Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width215 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.