All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionThe basic tion underlying this mograph - budget or revenue constrained models of production - we owe to Ronald W. Shephard, who recognized its fundamental importance in modeling behavior in a wide variety of settings including the service and public sector. Our endeavor here is to extend Shephard's earlier work in several directions while maintaining his axiomatic approach. Our contributions include an expanded set of duality results and a general bent toward empirical implementation: including various parameterizations, applications to efficiency and productivity measurement, and shadow pricing. We hope to provide those engaged in empirical work with some powerful and useful tools which have received relatively little attention. The nature of the material in this mograph is somewhat technical, however, the level of mathematical difficulty is standard. Although we have tried to keep the mograph fairly self-contained, we have also kept technical detail to a minimum in the body of the text. Many technical extensions appear as problems at the ends of Chapters. The reader is also referred to the tes at the end of each chapter for references to additional literature. A prepublication draft of this manuscript was used as lecture tes in a graduate course in production theory at the Department of Ecomics at Bilkent University. We thank our students as well as faculty members for their patience and interest. Special thanks go to Dean Togan, Zeynap Koksal and Ali Dogramaci for making our stay in Ankara t only productive, but also enjoyable.
- Author(s)Rolf Fare,Shawna Grosskopf
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/09/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleBilkent University Lecture Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight288 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.