All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe process of health care reforms must be based on demographic, epidemiological and ecomic evidence if it is to achieve the fundamental target of affordable, sustainable and efficient health care services for the entire population. Consequently, costing of health care services has become a frequently used element of health care reforms. This book presents the essentials of costing in a health ecomic framework and gives examples from successful costing studies done by the author in Tanzania, Vietnam and Burkina Faso. Based on these examples it demonstrates the importance of costing information for the planning and decision-making process in the field of budgeting, resource allocation, setting an insurance premium and strategic planning. The main message of this book is that costing of health care services is a valuable instrument in the fight for better 'health for all'.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Steffen Flessa, born in 1966; Diplom-Kaufmann (1990), Ph.D. (1996), Habilitation (2004): University of Erlangen-Nurnberg; 1990-1995: Lecturer in hospital management, Masoka Management Training Institute (Tanzania); 1998-2003: Professor of hospital management (Evangelical University of Applied Sciences, Nurnberg); 2003-2004: Professor of International Health Economics (University of Heidelberg); since 2004: Professor of Health Care Management (University of Greifswald).
- Author(s)Steffen Flessa
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleChallenges in Public Health
- Series Part/Volume Number57
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note3, 3 fig., num. tables and graphs
- Weight260 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.