All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCostume, Makeup and Hair reveals how these three crafts have continually adapted to new conditions, making the transitions from stage to screen, from mochrome to colour, and from analog to digital. It considers them in relation to a wide range of film genres, from sci-fi spectacles to period dramas, as well as examining how they have been active participants in the marketplace for fashion and beauty products. Drawing on rare archival materials and lavish colour illustrations, the expert contributors provide readers in film and fashion with groundbreaking film history and an appreciation of cinematic costume, makeup and hairstyling as distinct art forms.
- Author BiographyAdrienne L. McLean is Professor of Film Studies at the University of Texas at Dallas. She is the author or editor of numerous books, including Being Rita Hayworth: Labor, Identity, and Hollywood Stardom, Glamour in a Golden Age: Movie Stars of the 1930, and Cinematic Canines: Dogs and Their Work in the Fiction Film.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/10/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleBehind the Silver Screen: A Modern History of Filmmaking
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note45 bw integrated, 17 colour in 8pp plates
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Edited byAdrienne L. McLean
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.