All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new fifth edition of this classic guide to clothing throughout history w extends into the second decade of the 21st century. James Lavers classic study of clothing, from the invention of the needle to the dawn of denim, neolithic weavers to catwalk creations, has been updated once again to cover the latest trends, from vintage to high street chic and the spectacular reinvention of haute couture. Featuring designers such as Alexander McQueen and Marc Jacobs, and style leaders Kate Moss and the Duchess of Cambridge, a new final chapter explains the forces shaping fashion today, including Internet techlogy, celebrity influence, fast fashion, the recession and global markets. With eight new pages, six new illustrations and an entirely new final chapter, this book reclaims its position as the definitive concise history of the subject, and remains essential reading for all students of art, costume and fashion.
- Author BiographyJames Laver was Keeper of the Departments of Prints and Drawings and of Paintings at the Victoria and Albert Museum from 1938 until 1959. Amy de la Haye is Senior Research Fellow at the London College of Fashion.
- Author(s)Amy de la Haye,James Laver
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication11/06/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleWorld of Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note348 illustrations, 85 in colour
- Weight650 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.