Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionIf you got as far as looking at this sypsis, than I gather that you liked the title...or the cover...or maybe you're just a fan of donkeys or elephants - whatever floats your boat. But if you're looking for a good book on American politics, government an its society at-large, you came to the right place. Of course, there's way for me to write that without sounding self-serving, but what do you want from me...I'm the author. Now I'm t going to BS you here. I don't have all the answers. Nobody can fix the United States by tomorrow. And taxes will always be due on the 15th of April. What I can offer you (and I think it should be clear by w) is that I, Mark A. Prior, am going talk with you in this book and t at you. I'm political scholar/wunderkind. I'm t going to throw a lot of political fancy-talk at you. And in all of my research for this book, I made an effort to do away with a lot of political jargon and explain things in lay term. There's some humor here and there; after all, we're talking about the U.S. government - kinda hard t to find something laughable. I also threw quite a bit of proper grammar out the window because, really, body talks in proper sentences anymore - IMHO. But overall, my approach is that I thought it important for everyone to take a step back, breathe deep and look at the issues with a fresh perspective. So yeah, there are a lot of problems with the democratic processes in the United States of America. And it's my contention that the real cause of things getting so bad is the abundance of voter apathy. We vote, sure, but body takes the time to really educate themselves on the issues or even police those who are making campaign contributions to our elected officials. This is what has left the door open for special interest groups and unscrupulous political operators to dictate the course of our country. America has become a nation of political couch potatoes and that's what's screwing us up! However...I have rediscovered a solution to America's problems. And while the fix isn't easy, it is easier than you might think.
- Author BiographyMark Prior was born in Rhode Island and raised in Orange County, New York until he was ten. The son of a British immigrant and an Italian-American, Mark & his family moved to Georgia in 1986 where he spent the next twenty-two years of his life. Mark received a Bachelors of Business Administration degree from Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia in 1998. During the next nine years, he worked in many forms of sales, advertising and marketing where he developed his ability for writing by producing radio & television commercials for his clients. In 2008, Mark took a chance and moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue a screenwriting career in film & television. For his survival job, he discovered an exciting side career as a stagehand and lighting technician for concerts and special events. Motivated by the political and sociological events of the past several years, Mark decided to vent his frustrations, and his hopes, in his 2013 book: Couch Potato Politics.
- Author(s)Mark a Prior
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.