Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionIt is common and rmal to feel anxiety about seeking help from a counselor for the first time. The purpose of this volume is to provide a detailed explanation of what the counselor says and does. Underlying principles of the counseling process are described, beginning with the personal history and proceeding to explore past and present issues and problems. Some key areas include approaches used to build and renew trust and safety throughout the counseling relationship, how painful experiences are explored, and how hope and confidence are strengthened as one moves toward leaving the counselor. The Counseling Manual is written as a discussion between an experienced counselor and counselors in training. You as the person seeking help, are eavesdropping as a third party and thereby privy to the inside story of how counselors are formed. While a primary benefit of the manual is to demystify counseling and remove it from the unkwn to the kwn, ather important goal is to provide a vehicle for self-awareness. Simply by reading this book, you will gain insight into yourself, seeing your experiences reflected and engaging in a mental process of traveling the path of healing and personal growth before or even as you are seeing a counselor. By kwing the process, you can willingly and consciously open yourself to self-healing in a way that enables you to approach life challenges in a healthy intentional way with renewed confidence in your ability to cope and thrive. Unresolved conflicts and losses in their many forms are common to the human experience. Learning from the distant and recent past and using the strengths already gained, are important for moving forward. Although the patterns of one's life may seem complicated and insurmountable, a grasp of this book will give you a sense of empowerment to rise above and beyond and even incorporate the past though t without taking safe risks to face challenges in new ways that extend the range of possibilities.
- Author BiographyDaniel Keeran was born in Marion, Ohio, and in 35 years of his professional career he has been a psychiatric therapist (MSW) and counselor educator. He currently works for community action and awareness of homelessness. In 1985, he founded the Counselor Training Institute expanding to five cities, and he is President of the College of Mental Health Counseling (www.collegemhc.com) providing free training for members, and offering free counseling services to the general public through www.thecounsellors.com.
- Author(s)Daniel Keeran
- Date of Publication13/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.