All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApply the major psychotherapy theories into practice with this comprehensive text Counseling and Psychotherapy Theories in Context and Practice: Skills, Strategies, and Techniques, 2nd Edition is an in-depth guide that provides useful learning aids, instructions for ongoing assessment, and valuable case studies. More than just a reference, this approachable resource highlights practical applications of theoretical concepts, covering both theory and technique with one text. Easy to read and with engaging information that has been recently revised to align with the latest in industry best practices, this book is the perfect resource for graduate level counseling theory courses in counselor education, marriage and family therapy, counseling psychology, and clinical psychology. Included with each copy of the text is an access code to the online Video Resource Center (VRC). The VRC features eleven videos each one covering a different therapeutic approach using real therapists and clients, t actors. These videos provide a perfect complement to the book by showing what the different theories look like in practice. The Second Edition features: * New chapters on Family Systems Theory and Therapy as well as Gestalt Theory and Therapy * Extended case examples in each of the twelve Theory chapters * A treatment planning section that illustrates how specific theories can be used in problem formulation, specific interventions, and potential outcomes assessment * Deeper and more continuous examination of gender and cultural issues * An evidence-based status section in each Theory chapter focusing on what we kw from the scientific research, with the goal of developing critical thinking skills * A new section on Outcome Measures that provides ideas on how client outcomes can be tracked using practice-based evidence Showcasing the latest research, theory, and evidence-based practice in an engaging and relatable style, Counseling and Psychotherapy Theories in Context and Practice is an illuminating text with outstanding practical value.
- Author BiographyJOHN SOMMERS-FLANAGAN has a PhD in psychology and is Professor of Counselor Education at the University of Montana. He serves as a mental health consultant for Trapper Creek Job Corps. His research interests include clinical interviewing, parent consultations, and adolescent psychotherapy. RITA SOMMERS-FLANAGAN is Professor of Counselor Education at the University of Montana. She provides mental health consultation at the Missoula Veterans Center and Trapper Creek Job Corps. She has taught and written in the area of applied, practical ethics for the past fifteen years. John and Rita have coauthored seven books, including Clinical Interviewing, Fourth Edition; Becoming an Ethical Helping Professional: Cultural and Philosophical Foundations; and How to Listen so Parents Will Talk and Talk so Parents Will Listen (all published by Wiley).
- Author(s)John Sommers-Flanagan,Rita Sommers-Flanagan
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1196 g
- Width196 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $26.00
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.