Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- Est. delivery by 15 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This book is a must have for anyone training to work with children. It combines theory, research-based strategies and direct experience to create a practical, accessible and thoughtful guide. New counsellors will doubt continue to refer to the book's suggested strategies and media for years to come.' Dr Samantha Bursnall, Clinical Psychologist, Department of Child and Family, Tavistock Centre, London This fourth edition of bestselling Counselling Children is a highly practical guide to the skills and strategies which can be used in working with children who are experiencing emotional problems. The authors cover: -The goals for counselling children and the counsellor-child relationship -Practice frameworks for working effectively with children -Play therapy and using different media and activities -Building self esteem and social skills using worksheets. This fully revised fourth edition includes a new chapter on Ethical Considerations; a new chapter covering Historical Background and Contemporary Ideas, helping you understand and demonstrate the evidence base for your practice; and lots more case studies to help you develop appropriate techniques across different settings and at different stages of your practice. The book is invaluable in the practical skills training of counsellors, psychologists, social workers, occupational therapists, nurses, teachers, and other professionals who work with children. Dr Kathryn Geldard is adjunct senior lecturer at the University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia. David Geldard has an international reputation as a psychologist and trainer of counsellors. He is ted for his work in counselling children and their families. Rebecca Yin Foo is an educational and developmental psychologist who specializes in working with children and families in her private practice.
- Author BiographyKATHRYN GELDARD, PhD, is a lecturer and counsellor supervisor in the School of Psychology and Counselling at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) in Brisbane, Australia. Her research interests include adolescent peer counselling and counselling effectiveness as perceived by the adolescent client in the QUT Psychology and Counselling Clinic. Kathryn is currently conducting research with Australian Aboriginal adolescents with regard to developing a culturally sensitive peer support program in a regional community. She is the author of a number of textbooks on counselling and has several years experience in supervising and training counsellors. David Geldard has an international reputation as a counselling psychologist and for his work in counselling children and their families. Rebecca Yin Foo is an educational and developmental psychologist who specialises in working with children and families.
- Author(s)David Geldard,Kathryn Geldard,Rebecca Yin Foo
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- outbackjacks0711 Jun, 2014by
A marvelous book that I can never be without!! Just brilliant.
Such a wonderful, insightful book I will use for years to come. A must have book for all whom are working with children.
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.