All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes a very real look into the lives of Christian women who cope with domestic abuse on a daily basis. It explores their experiences of physical, verbal, emotional, sexual, financial, and spiritual abuse at the hands of their perpetrator husbands who claim to be good Christians. Through extensive interviews combined with academic research, the reader comes face to face with the complexity of issues surrounding such domestic abuse and how counselling can be effective through the encouragement of a variety of religious and n-religious coping strategies.
- Author BiographyLynne M. Baker completed her PhD focusing on the coping strategies employed by Christian women experiencing domestic violence. Over a period spanning more than two decades, she has acquired an extensive range of teaching and lecturing experience at primary, college, and university levels. As a counsellor, Dr Baker spent a number of years working with Salvo Care Line, during which time she assisted clients in areas of domestic violence, relationship crisis, suicide, crisis intervention, and welfare relief. She also provided support, guidance and debriefing for counsellors working with clients experiencing similar issues.
- Author(s)Lynne M. Baker
- PublisherAustralian Academic Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBowen Hills, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAustralian Academic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight339 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $26.00
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.