Counselling: The BACP Counselling Reader: v. 2 by SAGE Publications Inc (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $226.20+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $137.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- Description'This Second Volume of Counselling is a comprehensive array of articles which convey the breadth and depth of the specialty as it grew during the 1990s. The volume brings together the most important and influential papers published in Counselling, the official journal of the BACP as it then was, over the last decade. In all, 92 articles have been chosen and scrupulously checked by the editors and, in most cases, the original authors, to fill the 680 pages of the Second Volume. These provide direct access to the main theories, practices and issues which underpin and continue to shape counselling and psychotherapy today. Each article concludes with discussion points to provoke further thought and study. For ease of access these papers are clustered in five sections: counselling approaches; contexts and practice; counselling issues; research: and the future. We can expect the number of research articles to double in the next volume as the way opens up for all practitioners to consider research a crucial part of professional life. The final section on the future has been written by the past Chief Executive of the BACP, and contains insight and wisdom on the challenges facing the profession at the dawn of the new century, with statutory regulation only a few years away. BACP receives many requests for back copies of the journal, Counselling, upon which this Reader is based, for use in training courses and programmes. The Second Volume of the Reader merits at least one copy in every medical library across the land for use t only in counselling and psychotherapy training, but for all those healthcare workers who use counselling skills in their work' - Maggie Pettifer, past Head of Publishing of BACP for Counselling and Psychotherapy Research Counselling provides direct access to the main theories, practices and issues which have underpinned and which continue to shape the development of counselling today. Combining accessible research studies with professional and personal reflections, the Reader draws on a diverse and authoritative range of articles to cover the key aspects of counselling, including: * counselling approaches * contexts and practice * counselling issues * research; and * future trends The Reader is ideal for use in training. It provides a wealth of source material and each article concludes with discussion issues to help initiate further thought and study. Students, trainees and practitioners in counselling and other professions will find this essential reading which challenges them to think deeply about counselling as it is practised today, and as it will be in the future.
- Author BiographyProfessor Stephen Palmer PhD is an award winning psychologist. He is Founder Director of the Centre for Coaching and Centre for Stress Management, London. He is the UK's first Visiting Professor of Work Based Learning and Stress Management at the Institute for Work Based Learning, Middlesex University. He has authored over 225 articles and 40 books on counselling, psychotherapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, coaching and coaching psychology, and stress management. He is UK Coordinating Editor of International Coaching Psychology Review, Executive Editor of Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research & Practice, and Consulting Editor of the International Journal of Health Promotion of Health Promotion & Education. He is actively involved in a number of professional bodies. Currently he is Honorary President of the International Stress Management Association (UK); President of the International Society for Coaching Psychology; Founder Co-Chair of the London Branch of the British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies; a Founder Director and Vice President of the Society of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy; a Director and Deputy Chair of the Association for Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy. He is a Former President and now Honorary Vice President of the Institute for Health Promotion & Education. He was the 1st Chair of the British Psychological Society Special Group in Coaching Psychology and was the 1st Honorary President of the Association for Coaching. His interests include jazz, art and coastal walking.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/08/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteform
- Weight1315 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byPat Milner,Stephen Palmer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.