All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- Description'How can I describe my feelings about a life together - a partnership for all those years - set at my husband's retirement, with plans for doing the sorts of things we had always enjoyed - w completely destroyed'. Much is written about the experience of people who are ill, but relatively little is said about the emotional and material effects of illness on those who care for the patient. The needs of carers are sometimes unclear and many professional helpers are uncertain about their role in relation to carers and how to respond to carer's acute; needs. Counselling and Helping Carers has been written to enable health care and social service workers to be more effective in addressing the needs of carers. Illustrated with case studies throughout, this book examines the experience of carers, considers the special characteristics of carers as a population, and considers how help may best be provided by those who are involved in a professional helping role. It is designed to enhance helpers' basic counselling and helping skills, and to help them recognize and respond to the carer's difficult task of negotiating the complex path from crisis to coping. It will be an invaluable guide for all helpers who encounter carers as part of their day to day work, whether volunteers or professionals.
- Author BiographyMitchell Noon is Consultant Health Psychologist at the Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, UK with many years' experience of providing training to health professionals. The forward is by Professor Alastair MacDonald of the Lewisham and Guy's Mental Health Trust, Lewisham Hospital, London, UK, who acted as Editorial Medical Advisor for the book.
- Author(s)J. Mitchell Noon
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/1999
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCommunication & Counselling in Health Care S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBPS Blackwell
- Content Note0
- Weight200 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.