All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionCounselor as Consultant is a core text for a required course in counselor education, mental health and psychological counseling. This course teaches the theories, models, and skills of consulting for counselors in training as well as the application across various settings. Professional counselors often get hired to consult in various settings such as schools, organizations, career centers, etc. This book helps counselors in training learn essential skills for consultation positions for those who opt t to go into private practice. It helps students understand the process and stages of consultation as well as some key skills such as writing proposals, conducting workshops, drafting contracts, fees, and reporting. This text helps students to develop their own style of consultation via strengthening their own identity development. By encouraging them to develop a pattern of reflection and intentionality which requires them to examine their own values as part of the process, it in turn helps them understand common consultant characteristics, review essential skills, and describe theories and models of practice. Its unique focus on intentionality and reflection enables students to develop a strong sense of counselor identity, which will benefit them as consultants. The book also contains a variety of teaching tools that helps students proceduralize kwledge via practice accompanied by feedback, case illustrations, reflective practice and counselor thinking boxes and is closely aligned to the new CACREP standards.
- Author BiographyDavid A. Scott, PhD, LPC is a Licensed Professional Counselor and an associate professor in the counselor education program at Clemson University. He completed his PhD at North Carolina State University. Dr. Scott has over 18 years working as a professional counselor in clinical/community settings and over seven years as a university faculty member. In the past, he has served as a program coordinator and was the President of the South Carolina Counseling Association. He is also an active member of the American Counseling Association. Dr. Scott has provided consultation services for many years through his private practice that he shares with his wife, Michelle. He has also authored numerous publications dealing with identity development, at-risk youth and career development. Chadwick W. Royal, PhD, LPCS, is an associate professor in the Counselor Education Program at North Carolina Central University, where he serves as the coordinator of the School Counseling and Career Counseling Programs. He is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor as well as a licensed school counselor in North Carolina. Dr. Royal has over 17 years of experience as a professional counselor and over ten years of university teaching. His research interests center around the use of technology in counseling, counselor training, and counselor supervision - and has presented internationally on the subject. Daniel B. Kissinger, PhD, LPCS, is an associate professor of counselor education at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, and serves as the clinical coordinator and coordinator of the clinical mental health track. He is a Licensed Professional Counselor with over 15 years of experience and 9 year of experience as a counselor educator. Dr. Kissinger remains active in professional counseling organizations and maintains a limited private practice.
- Author(s)Chadwick W. Royal,Daniel B. Kissinger,David A. Scott
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCounseling and Professional Identity
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight522 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.