All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionGroups committing acts of terrorism have adapted their means of financing to elude detection since the 9/11 attacks in the United States. Surveying the global community's multi-year effort to cut off terrorist funding, this volume offers a much-needed analysis of a complex, widely discussed, yet poorly understood subject. While books on terrorism have touched upon the topic, this is the first comprehensive, balanced, and scholarly overview of terrorist financing, its methods, and efforts to counter it. Bringing together leading analysts of terrorism, international relations, global finance, law, and crimilogy, Countering the Financing of Terrorism provides a critical assessment of the international effort to restrict terrorist financing. It evaluates the costs and benefits and offers recommendations for more effective policies for the future.
- Author BiographyThomas J. Biersteker is Curt Gasteyger Professor of International Security and Conflict Studies at the Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva and Olive C. Watson Professor at the Watson Institute for International Studies and Department of Political Science, Brown University. Sue E. Eckert is Senior Fellow at the Watson Institute for International Studies, Brown University. She previously served as Assistant Secretary of Commerce responsible for regulating dual-use commodities, and as senior staff on the House International Relations Committee dealing with sanctions and export controls.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byProfessor Nikos Passas,Sue E. Eckert,Thomas J. Biersteker
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.