Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionImagine you are a twelve-year old boy without parents, without friends, without a home to call your own. Ripped from your family, the world is frightening, confusing, a place where children can be discarded, where parents can disappear, where feelings have meaning. Utterly alone, there is one to talk to, to lean on, to confide in. No one speaks your language, or if they do, they just won't answer. Now imagine yourself a twelve year old kid with a mom and a dad, a sibling, a pet, a home to call your own. The world is predictable, safe, comfortable, with worries, shadows stalking your dreams. Then you tice that strange boy, the odd one you never bother to talk to, and when you and your friends allow him into your world, he changes you-and your world- forever.
- Author BiographyAs a social worker with much experience in the field of foster care and adoption, I am privy to the thoughts and feelings of loss and abandonment these children experience as they enter the world of foster care. Unless they are adopted into permanent, loving families, for them, the outcome can be grim, their futures dark. It is my hope that this book can entertain while imparting a message of unconditional friendship and the essential nature of family.
- Author(s)E a Gilmartin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.