CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.26
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.20
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.52
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.76
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis series offers comprehensive coverage of countries around the world. The emphasis of this series will be on up to date, recent information, current affairs, and newsworthy entries. The design is modern, with contemporary, glossy photographs and clear maps and charts. Each book will offer complete coverage of one country, including sections on society, geography, culture, peoples, history, size, neighbours, ecomy, government, foreign language vocabulary, recipes, flags etc.
- Author BiographyPatrick Catel has worked in children's publishing for over a dozen years. He has been involved in the publication of hundreds of titles on a wide range of topics. If it's winter and he's not working on books, he's probably hitting the slopes! Elizabeth Raum has written over two-dozen nonfiction books for young readers, including a biography of Louis Armstrong for Capstone Press. Over the years, she has worked as a middle school and high school English teacher, an elementary school librarian, and a college library director. Elizabeth Raum has written many nonfiction books for children. Two of her Capstone You Choose books, Orphan Trains: An Interactive History Adventure (2011) and Can You Survive Storm Chasing? (2012), are Junior Library Guild selections. Elizabeth lives in Michigan with her husband, Richard. Michael Burgan has written numerous books for children and young adults during his nearly 20 years as a freelance writer. Many of his books have focused on U.S. history, geography, and the lives of world leaders. He has also written fiction and adapted classic novels. Michael has won several awards for his writing, and his graphic novel version of the classic tale Frankenstein (Stone Arch Books) was a Junior Library Guild selection. Michael has also worked as an editor at Weekly Reader, the classroom news magazine used in schools across the United States. Michael graduated from the University of Connecticut with a bachelor's degree in history. When not writing for kids, he enjoys writing plays, and his works have been staged across the United States. He lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with his cat, Callie. Charlotte Guillain worked as a bookseller, an English teacher and an editor before becoming an author. She has written more than 100 books, both fiction and non-fiction. She always wanted to be a writer and her top tip is to read as much as you can.
- Author(s)Charlotte Guillain,Elizabeth Raum,Michael Burgan,Patrick Catel
- PublisherCapstone Global Library Ltd
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleCountries Around the World
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- Width204 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains 6 Paperbacks
- Format DetailsSewn
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.