Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $36.92Trending at AU $44.25
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $21.15
- AU $23.98Trending at AU $27.20
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $13.14Trending at AU $14.26
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $24.41
About this product
- DescriptionAfter more than a decade spent in and out of juvenile detention, halfway houses, and jail, Roy Alison returns to his rural hometown determined to do better, to be better. But what he finds is a working-class community devastated by the ecomic downturn--a town without anything to hold onto but the past. Staying with his grandmother, Roy discovers a family history of good intentions and bad choices, of making do without much chance of doing better. Around him, families lose their sons to war, hunting accidents, drugs. And Roy, along with the town, falls into old patterns established generations ago. A vel-in-stories in the tradition of Bonnie Jo Campbell, Donald Ray Pollock, Denis Johnson, and Alan Heathcock, Country Hardball is a powerfully observed and devastatingly understated portrait of the American working class. Steve Weddle's Country Hardball is a perfect combination of the brokenhearted and the just flat broke... Here's hoping Weddle never stops writing... --Benjamin Whitmer, author of Pike
- Author BiographySteve Weddle grew up on the Louisiana/Arkansas line, holds an MFA in creative writing from Louisiana State University, and currently works for a newspaper group. He lives with his family in Virginia.
- Author(s)Steve Weddle
- PublisherTyrus Books
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTyrus Books
- Weight395 g
- Width147 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.