All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- DescriptionIn Couple Power Therapy , Dr. Peter L. Sheras and Dr. Phyllis R. Koch-Sheras demonstrate their positive approach to couples treatment. Rather than focusing merely on correcting specific relationship problems, they work with both partners to help them achieve a shared identity as a couple - an identity that centers on their vision for the future together, t on issues solely from the past that are the most frequent topics of couple sessions. In this session, Sheras and Koch-Sheras work with a couple who have recently considered divorce. The husband has recommitted himself to the marriage, and his wife has hope that they might be able to make the partnership work. With the aid of the therapists, the couple develops a joint proclamation - a statement that expresses their vision of themselves as a couple. The couple then begins to use this tool to strengthen their commitment to one ather. This creates a renewed sense of purpose and specific plans for proceeding in recreating a healthier relationship.
- Author(s)Peter L. Sheras,Phyllis R. Koch-Sheras
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleRelationships APA Psychotherapy Video Series
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Running Time100
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.