All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionWafer-scale integration has long been the dream of system designers. Instead of chopping a wafer into a few hundred or a few thousand chips, one would just connect the circuits on the entire wafer. What an ermous capability wafer-scale integration would offer: all those millions of circuits connected by high-speed on-chip wires. Unfortunately, the best kwn optical systems can provide suitably ?ne resolution only over an area much smaller than a whole wafer. There is kwn way to pattern a whole wafer with transistors and wires small eugh for modern circuits. Statistical defects present a ?rmer barrier to wafer-scale integration. Flaws appear regularly in integrated circuits; the larger the circuit area, the more probable there is a ?aw. If such ?aws were the result only of dust one might reduce their numbers, but ?aws are also the inevitable result of small scale. Each feature on a modern integrated circuit is carved out by only a small number of photons in the lithographic process. Each transistor gets its electrical properties from only a small number of impurity atoms in its tiny area. Inevitably, the quantized nature of light and the atomic nature of matter produce statistical variations in both the number of photons de?ning each tiny shape and the number of atoms providing the electrical behavior of tiny transistors. No kwn way exists to eliminate such statistical variation, r may any be possible.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/09/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleIntegrated Circuits and Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note183 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight321 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byRobert Drost,Ron Ho
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.