All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionGustave Courbet (1819-77) was a French artist whose work heralded the realist movement of the nineteenth century, and his paintings have had a profound influence on other artists from around the world, including Claude Monet, James McNeill Whistler, and Paul Cezanne. This catalog is published to accompany an exhibition of the same name at the McMullen Museum, Boston College, in the autumn of 2013, which was put together in tandem with the Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium. Approaching its subject from a unique perspective, Courbet: Mapping Realism looks at the artist's reception on both sides of the Atlantic, and includes paintings by Courbet himself, as well as Belgian and American realist-influenced artists. American and Belgian scholars, including Jeffery Howe, Claude Cernuschi, Dominique Marechal, and Katherine Nahum, contribute essays that explore Courbet's art in light of this expanded view of this career. Complete with color illustrations, Courbet: Mapping Realism showcases artworks from both the United States and Belgium that are rarely exhibited or published together.
- Author BiographyJeffery Howe is professor of fine arts at Boston College.
- PublisherMcMullen Museum of Art
- Date of Publication18/10/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationChestnut Hill, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcMullen Museum of Art
- Content Note35 colour plates, 25 halftones
- Weight894 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJeffery W. Howe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.